Women In International Security (WIIS) is pleased to open applications for the 2021 Next Generation Gender, Peace and Security (GPS) Symposium. The WIIS Next Generation Symposium (NGS) is a highly competitive and prestigious program. It is part of a larger WIIS initiative to bridge existing divides between the traditional security community and the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) community. Through this initiative, we seek to:
(1) advance knowledge about the gender dimensions of international security challenges; and
(2) support a community of national and international security experts that is both diverse and knowledgeable about the gender dynamics of national and international security challenges.
How To Apply:
Candidates must provide the following application materials and information before April 2, 2021, 11:59 pm EST:
- Completed application form
- Biographical information
- Letter of interest, which must clearly address the following:
- Why the applicant is interested in participation in the symposium;
- How the applicant’s experience, education, and general background would contribute to the 2021 Next Generation Symposium (list 2-3 potential contributions);
- A description of the applicant’s research and writing interests; and
- A specific explanation of how the symposium would enhance the applicant’s future career goals.
- Summary of a research or writing project the candidate would like to present in the Policy roundtable (Summary should be between 250-500 words maximum)
- Young professionals with an M.A. or higher academic degree; or graduate students currently enrolled in a Masters or Ph.D. program in international affairs, security studies, gender studies, anthropology, or a related discipline. (Recent graduates, as well as individuals who will be enrolled in a graduate program within the next academic year, will also be considered.)
- Be between the ages of 25 and 40
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Available to participate (remotely) in all scheduled days of the symposium
- All Genders are encouraged to apply
- Two letters of reference submitted directly to WIIS at: NextGenerationSymposium@wiisglobal.org. References must include the applicant’s name in the subject line.
All materials should be uploaded and submitted within the application form, excluding letters of reference. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.