The new Alfred Friendly Press Fellowships is available on offer to professional journalists from developing countries and emerging markets. This is a six months professional fellowships offered once a year.
- Applications Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to Journalists.
- Study Subject: Working and living in another country is a challenge that fellows not only overcome but embrace. The benefits are personal as well as professional.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance and provides a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses. It is highly recommended that fellows bring additional money with them. While family members may visit for up to one month, they cannot accompany the fellow for the duration of the fellowship.
- Nationality: Available to Journalists from developing countries.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Early-career professional journalists from developing countries with proficiency in English can apply for a six-month fellowship. Alfred Friendly provides fellows with basic and advanced hands-on instruction at the Missouri School of Journalism and places them in leading U.S. newsrooms. The successful candidate will be 25-35 years old and have at least three years of experience as a journalist at a print, online or broadcast media outlet. Participants work as staff reporters in their host newsrooms are required to develop training plans that they implement when they return to their home newsrooms. The all-inclusive fellowship starts in mid-March and ends in early September.
- English Language Requirements: An excellent command of both written and spoken English as all activities are conducted in English. Top candidates may be required to demonstrate their English language proficiency prior to receiving a fellowship. Evaluations would be administered in the candidate’s country of residence.
How to Apply: Applications should be send via e-mail.
Scholarship link: http://presspartners.org/being-a-fellow/
Application link: http://presspartners.org/2018-fellowship-application-afpp/