In an effort to equip and empower more women leaders in global health, the Harvard Global Health Institute and the Women and Health Initiative at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health offers a transformational fellowship specifically designed to promote leadership skills in individuals from low- and middle-income countries who will, in turn, mentor future female leaders in global health. We are excited to announce that the 2021 LEAD Fellowship application is now open.
We welcome applicants from all continents, regions, disciplines, sectors, gender and gender identities. Candidates nominate themselves by applying for the fellowship. There are no age limits or academic prerequisites.
- Applicants must work full-time in the field of global health and have at least 15 years of professional experience. Global-health related work completed as a university student does not count as professional experience.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership experience.
- Applicants must have the full support of their employer and a champion in their organization who serves as an internal mentor.
- Applicants must take a leave of absence (or equivalent) from their home institution during the fall full curriculum semester.
- During the two years prior to arrival at Harvard, the fellows should not have participated in a full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
The 2021 application is now OPEN and will close on April 22nd 2021.